Registration is now open for the 2015 Homebrew Competition at GastroFest. The competition is open to the first 12 homebrewers who complete the registration (below). If you're interested in entering your beer, please review the Contest Rules and Regulations before submitting a registration. Cheers and Good Luck!
Homebrew Competition Rules and Regulations:
The competition is open to the first 12 homebrewers who complete the registration form below. Once all spots are filled, any additional registrants will be notified that they have been placed on a wait-list. If more than one person helped brew the beer,
everyone who assisted must be listed on your entry form. Team beers are acceptable, but the entrant must have been an active participant in the brewing process. Only one entry is allowed per ticket holder. Beers brewed in commercially licensed facilities are ineligible. The winning beer(s) will only receive one medal, even if there were more than one people who brewed the beer.
Who is Eligible to Enter?
Entry FeesEntry fee is complimentary.
Your entry MUST be registered via the form below no later than February 17, 2015. If you have any questions,
please contact Brian at: Brian@thebeerapostle.com
- Competitors MUST be available to sample out their homebrew during BOTH hours listed below.
- Hour #1: 2:45-3:45pm -- People's Choice Voting
- Hour #2: 6:45-7:45pm -- People's Choice Voting; Judges Panel Critique
- (1) People's Choice Award and (1) Judges' Choice Award will be presented at 8:15pm.
There will be a panel of local "Beer Celebrities" to judge the entries. The Judges are:
- Brian Little, Beer Apostle
- Carolyn Graham, Brown Distributing
- Glen Wieger, Green Lion Festival
- Kevin Burns, Beer:30
- Marc Wisdom, Jax Beer Guy
- Preben Olsen, Aardwolf Brewing Co.
- Regina Heffington, Silver Cow and Jax Brew Bitch
- Steve Halford, Pinglehead Brewing Co.